Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Taking a Break


planes been framed!
Originally uploaded by xfreshbatteryx



I saw the plane on Knithacker and loved the way the stitches bring out the shape. I'm thinking there should be a way to make it an embeddable motif in a flat piece as well.

I've been taking a short break from my knitting to wind some more magic balls. It's amazing how many balls can be made out of what seems like not a lot of yarn.



So: I gather a lot of odds and ends from my knitting, and when they reach a critical mass, I make magic balls, and when they reach a critical mass, I knit something out of them, and when the amount of fun yarn I have reaches a deficit, I buy more, which, when knitted, produces odd and ends, etc., etc.

It's the circle of knitting life.

Here's current progress:

It's wider top to bottom than I thought it would be at this point (which is fairly common for me, I have to admit). I could just add another row of the light segments and be done with it, and have a rectangular afghan, or I might continue with the original plan and have more of a square.

Fortunately, I don't even have to decide until I add the row of light segments, since that fits both plans. I may want to keep going into a square simply because when one is knitting in solid segments (as opposed to using something like Noro, which transitions), the more complexity in the final piece, the better.

We'll find out together.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you're working in the pinks and blacks and some sparkle too!! How about some some more white or silver for "pop". L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you like how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete