Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The New One -- A Real Experiment

I've started the next one, and this one is a wild guess. It's based on a design in an ad, I think for IBM, so I can't show the screengrab.


The middle is the most colorful yarn from Angelique, and it makes the middle sort of glow.


And here's another bit.



Let's see if I can explain it.


The A lines show how wide it will be. The center swirls will come out to meet them.

B shows sketchily how the circles will grow.

C shows where the circle straightens out.

Now that I look at it, D is sort of just hanging out at the edge. Overall, it looks like a double snail shape, until it fills out.

Thanks to a workshop I once took with Debbie New, I can deal with circles, but I'm not sure of the proportions for this combination of circles and straight lines. Since this one is in stockinette, to get right angles I decrease in two out of 3 rows. I decrease at the start of the row (joining to the straight part), do the circle increases until I get to the straight part, and then decrease at the end of the row. The straight part will eventually get eaten up by the circular increases, when the panel will get squared off.

That is, if I've figured it out correctly. Can't wait to find out.

1 comment: