Friday, June 11, 2010

Three Quadrants Done

Progress, and, um, the design is looking a little busy.


It appears a little more organized in real life, but because the stripes and the diamonds are in the same colors, you don't get a foreground-background effect. The colors come across as very summery -- very warm.

It turned out not to be difficult to make the quadrants which start from the middle diamond. Here is how it looked just before joining the small diamond.


Here is how that part looks now.


When I got to the part where I needed to join the smaller diamond, here is what I did.


When I finished stripe #1, I didn't cut the yarn. When I started stripe #2, I carried yarn #1 down the back until I got 16 stitches in. Then I dropped yarn #2, and did a double bind-off between the rest of stripe #1 and the diamond until I got to the point.

Then I cut yarn #1, picked up yarn #2 and continued on my merry way.

Fairly easy, actually. So much for yarn trepidation.

No comments:

Post a Comment