Saturday, June 19, 2010

Eighth 2010 One Finished

Here it is, Log Cabin Triangles, with the final edging. That's a yardstick, for size.


It's a heavy afghan, but not unduly so. Here are some detail pictures.



Here is a close-up of the edging -- the final outside yarn matches the middle of the triangles. Note the different sizes, because of the extra row I put at the top and bottom for a little extra overall width.


My husband said wistfully, "Maybe one day you'll make something symmetrical." His sense of design yearned for the colors to be in the same position in all four quadrants. He's a woodworker, and matching perfectly tends to be a goal.

I had to tell him, "I don't think so. Imagine how boring it would be for your eyes, nothing to tantalize them or to explore!" That's my sense of design. I also get too impatient for the next thing to enjoy making identical pieces.

And, as is fairly common with me, this gives me some future ideas. Here is how the diamonds look vertically, instead of horizontally.


And the angles made think of doing a sort of mountain theme, with the diagonal strips for the mountains, and then shades of blue for a sky? (I put some dotted lines for where the mountain shapes might be.)

No comments:

Post a Comment