Saturday, December 11, 2010

Crafty Thing



It was a day to play.


Not impressed? This is some of that lacy yarn from my dyeing adventure. I wrapped it around a wire gate we had, and then put gold dots in fabric paint at intervals.


I'm thinking that this will dress up the yarn.

Next up, making yarn from a tee-shirt. I saw this on a video on the web, so I bought a rotary cutter and board, and pulled out some clothes I'd put away because they had spots, so I couldn't donate them anywhere.

I did a bit more research on the web -- there are a lot of good tutorials and websites for making yarn from strips of cloth -- and then I did this.


I'd never used a rotary cutter before, and I was impressed. A few tugs on the tee-shirt strips, and it rolls nices. Here is the result from the body of the shirt.


I made one almost as large from the sleeves up to the collar, but it looks quite a bit rougher. I'm confident some project will come along that I can use it on.

I have a couple of skirts to try to turn into yarn, but maybe tomorrow.

Finally, one more magic ball scarf.


I used the same pattern as for the short one, alternating a ripple with openwork, but the ripple barely shows. Next time I won't bother.


Still, it is pretty.

All in all, a good crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment