Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tenth 2010 One Done

Behold.....the Comet!


 Here are some closer looks.






I like it, but I wish that I had put some more rows of the dark red ribbon at the back. I was balancing that color all around, so there are 5 ridges in front of the tip of the comet, and 5 ridges at the back, but the triangles around the tip gave the front a more roomy look, which I hadn't anticipated.

Here is the edging. As I was making it, it became clear that the red ridges already were acting as a sort of edging, so the edging didn't have to be especially wide. I tried to echo the star pattern in a mild way.




The outer edge is shiny, not metallic, but like clear colored plastic, almost like Easter grass, as a final nod to shiny comets. (Those are blocking wires you see running through it in the bottom picture.)




Maybe I should send it to Phil Plait in honor of his book, Death From The Skies!

No comments:

Post a Comment