Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Scarf Break

Before I put the greens away, I'm taking a scarf break.


Just for fun, and changing colors once in each segment.



Easy and fun.

In the meantime, I'm mulling the next one, which will have blues, purples and some bright greens -- deep sea colors.

I got a couple of quilt books which inspired knitting thoughts. I hadn't heard of these types of designs before.

The first was on French Braid Quilts. It made me think of my Comet afghan -- one could do the french braid parts the same way as the comet's tail.

The book wasn't as wonderful as I'd hoped, but note that I was looking for knitting inspiration, not quilting instructions, so a quilter may have been happier. It only had a few designs in it, but still, it's enough to make me think about comet tail-french braid designs. One could have a lot of color fun.

The other book was more satisfying to my non-quilting needs. It was on Bargello quilts.  And I immediately thought of shaped entrelac. Again, this echoes back to a previously afghan, but one from years and years ago.



This bargello technique will be my starting point for the next one. I'll start with some kind of fish motif in the middle, and then try to make waves of entrelac, and see where it goes from there.

I like this stage, everything immanent, and the promise of problems to solve!

No comments:

Post a Comment