Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Over the Edge

"I'm going to have to be careful not to overshoot the corners."

That's right, "I'm going to have to be careful not to overshoot the corners."

You already know where this is going.

Here's the current progress.



Yes, the lower right corner is screwed up. I was sure when I was knitting it that I was nowhere near being too close to the edge.

Here's the details.




The white numbers are the number of ridges or stitches. The red numbers are the standings at the corners, with a minus meaning above where the edge of the shawl should be (in other words, where I'm not in trouble), and a plus meaning I've overshot the edge. As you can see, I got in trouble at the +2 corner, recovered, and then it went bad quickly, for a stunning 35 stitches at the end over where the afghan's corner should be.

Go, me! I don't screw up small!

Okay, I could make it a design feature, where it asymmetrically goes down into the edging I will eventually put around the entire afghan, but I don't think I want to do more than 35 rows of edging. So I'll pull it out and do it right.

Drat, I hate doing something twice. But that's the price of winging it, which I do enjoy. I guess I pay this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment