Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Done and Done -- Intertwined

Finally finished the first project of the New Year. I'm calling it Intertwined.


(That's a yardstick at the top, to show size.)

I have to say, it turned out nicer than I feared. I can never get the photos quite true to the real colors, but they jell together a bit better in real life, not that they look bad here.

This is a more detailed picture.



The wide edging added a lot. Somehow, it helps reinforce the idea that the design is actually planned. I wanted to finish the edging in something feathery, to soften and contrast with the very linear nature of the rest of it, but I didn't have the right yarn in my stash, so I went with a chenille-type yarn.


What I did is crochet 3 stitches together, chain two, repeat, to get the holes.

All in all, a success. One of those times when it works out better than you hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment