Saturday, October 16, 2010

Twelfth 2010 One Done


Under the Sea!


It was fun to do (except for the mistakes....). I'm not totally in love with it, because while I like the mosaic look, I'm not really pleased with some of the patchiness. Still, it was an adventure.


Here is the upper left corner, where I had to do the repair. You can't even tell, even in real life. Does this make you think of sky over mountains? It does to me, and I wonder if that would be a fun freeform entrelac to do.


Here's the right-hand side. That's a yardstick, which I forgot to include in the first picture. The side of this one is a yard -- it's a nice roomy afghan.


My husband's favorite part is the purples shading to yellow.


For the edging, I picked up all along the outside, and then knit in a zigzag following the entrelac shape, and I made the last outside row with a furry sort of yarn. The edging wasn't the most fun -- that's a lot of zig-zags! 

Not sure what's next, except a quick scarf as a palate cleanser. This one took a while, and, like a long but good book, finishing feels like saying good-by to a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment