Saturday, February 20, 2010

Scribble and Swirl

I finished the scribble scarf, and made a hat.


Here is a close-up of the scarf. It came out nice and frothy.



I tried the 3-swirl hat, starting with 40 stitches, but it was still too big, so I pulled it out after a couple of rows into the body. One problem was that this magic ball only had two strands instead of three, unlike the magic ball I used for the first swirl hat, so the combination yarn was too thin for the larger needles. So I went down to size 10 1/2 and started the same pattern. That was much better, so I finished it, but it is actually a little small for an adult (although I do have a larger head than many people, and go ahead, use that straight line!). However, someone will be able to use it. It did turn out pretty.


I wasn't sure how the color changes would look, if maybe it would look too much like leftovers, but because of how I transitioned colors in the magic ball, it looks like the colors were chosen. I'm pleased with it.

However, I still want to make a swirl hat that fits, so I'm going to try again with a 3-strand magic ball, the 45 stitch version mentioned in the last post, but the 10 1/2 needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment