Thursday, December 31, 2009

One More For 2009

The year 2000 didn't affect me so much, but I was sure we'd have flying cars by 2010. Oh, well, no one promised me Google, Wikipedia and lolcats, so I got those for free.

Here it is, the last shawl of 2009, now with edging.


(That's a yardstick, just for some indication of size.) The edging added a lot, somehow.

Here are some details.






My favorite part may be the checkerboard, because it added crispness to the entire design.

The top of the shawl is based on a simple yet clever design by Frankie Brown, called Nick's Boring Scarf (ravelry link for the free pattern, although you may be able to contact Frankie through her other site and arrange something). It is a good way to mix up a color changing yarn. Here is Frankie's picture of a Noro one, used with permission.


It also works great with the patterned sock yarns, which is what I used on my shawl, and on this scarf (not a great picture, but you get the idea).


I count 17 shawls in my 2009 pictures, not counting scarves and other distractions. It's been a fun knitting year.

No comments:

Post a Comment