Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Two Updates

I forgot that I had a couple of photos on my phone of the start of the tube scarf.

Here is how the tube yarn looked as I was knotting it.


And here it is as I was picking up the first row of stitches.


As a reminder, here is the finished project. The red in my phone photos is actually closer to the true color than the more orangish look from my camera.


And I visited what is currently my favorite local yarn store--The Knitting Patch. I've always said that I want to retire near a fabulous yarn store and a Trader Joe's.  Now that I've discovered this store, all I need is the food....and the ability to retire.....details, details.

The store has a truly inspiring array of yarns, including the new edging and fabric ones, and the yarn is beautifully and enticingly arrayed. There are lots of samples, too, which helped sell me on some of the new frill yarns.

I made one of the scarves in How To Use A Frill from some yarns i bought during my first visit to The Knitting Patch. On this last visit, i brought it in to show the enthusiastic owner, who immediately got her husband to take some great pictures of it.




Wow, so much more beautiful than my amateur photos!

And yes, I brought home some more exciting yarns. Did you even need to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment