Sunday, March 3, 2013

I Heart Scarves

This is my most ambitious hairpin lace scarf to date.


It was created for Valentine's Day, and I displayed it in my office, although I finally got around to blocking it only yesterday.

The inspiration was from something on Pinterest, although the page didn't link to any directions, only to the picture.


So I tried to backward-engineer it. Here is the result, one from each end, which differ because I used a color-changing yarn called Candy Cane.



Not too bad, but as you can see, I made the point too large.



The other challenge I set myself was making the hearts organic to the rest of the scarf, so it was all one long piece, and so the hearts would be the correct colors. This also worked out pretty well, although I'm not completely thrilled.

Here are some close-ups of the middle, so you can see how the hairpin lace was edged in some fancy yarns.



All in all, well enough, and I learned more about hairpin lace motifs.

(And it does look like a Valentine's confection!)

No comments:

Post a Comment