Sunday, July 22, 2012

Conditional Blocking

We have a new member of the household, by the name of Dex.


He's very helpful.


Too helpful. So what was I going to do when I needed to block some new creations?

In thinking about it, I realized that I usually wanted more width than length, or you could say, I was always more concerned with stretch one way rather than both ways.

So I really only needed gravity!

Here's what I did for a shawl:


For a large triangular shawl:


For a scarf:


For another scarf, which I put in front of the first one:



I threaded the pieces on blocking wires and then hung those wires across furniture knobs, the hooks on the shower, and similar places.

And all out of reach of the Tabinator.


It worked pretty well, as you've seen in other posts, but it wouldn't work for lace, for example, where you need to stretch it in all directions to bring out the beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment