Friday, March 25, 2011

2011 #4 -- Mosaic Glass

Finished and blocked.


(As usual, that's a yardstick to show size.)

Here are some closer looks.





There are a lot of 3-dimensional elements, but they don't all show up very well in the photos.

Here is the edging.


The very outside edge is a simple bind-off using a crochet hook to bind off from the needles. The pattern was 4 plain loops and then something like a knitted bobble, where I pulled a loop through without dropping the stitch off the needle, pulled a loop through that, and then repeated it 3 more times, so that there were 4 loops coming out of one stitch. Then I bound those off all together.

The outside yarn was a plain yarn and a fuzzy Colinette yarn held together for the frothy look.

All in all, I'm very happy with it. The palette isn't my usual combination, and I'm enjoying that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment