Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thirteenth 2010 One Done



I usually only count afghans or shawls, but this one is significant enough. Behold the glory of the Elephant Jar!


I shouldn't have been surprised at how large it ended up after stuffing. It's 21 inches tall!

I placed two upside down plastic plates in the bottom, to make sure it sat flat -- somehow, I knit it at just the right proportions to do that. I stuffed the jar part with cedar shavings to give it some heft and crunch, and I stuffed the head with regular stuffing, to keep its shape. Cedar chips would have fallen out of the head over time.

I ended up joining the head to the jar by crocheting around the top of the jar with a fluffy yarn, and then sewing them together.

Here are closer looks. Yes, there's a tail!










I've very pleased with my elephant!

Since the assembly began over the Halloween weekend, here's Henrietta the chicken, being seasonal.


 BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment