Monday, February 18, 2013

Why Not?

I'm entranced with Circulo Tecido Trico, a fabric strip yarn with holes along one side. I'll post pictures of how I used it in a scarf soon. I also love Darn Good Yarn's fabric yarns.

So I thought I would try to make some myself.


I bought some remnants and some wide ribbons which were on sale, looking for materials that didn't seem like they would fray if cut.

Before:




During:



After:



How easy, right?

Well, except for needing to buy a new rotary blade and choosing the wrong one, making cuts into my cutting board, and, because I couldn't resist the glittery materials, I ended up with glitter everywhere. (I thought the glitter was part of the material, not something that would shed.)

So I ended up throwing away the most glittery ones, but after all the work cutting it, it was a disappointment.

I did end up with some yarn, but much of it feels stiffer than it did as a remnant. I'll try it, and hope the blocking softens it.

But I think I'll leave it to the professionals in the future.

Even though I did have help. Dex is glittery now, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment