Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lacy PinK

I've begun the next one, inspired by this book of Herbert Niebling's amazing lace patterns. (It's available at Schoolhouse Press and at Laci's, among others.)



I looked through the book for a square pattern, thinking I'd do half of it, breaking along the diagonal, and that would be a good start for the center top of a triangle shawl. I chose the one on p. 88-9, and worked it through row 24.


It bunched up more than I excepted, perhaps because the construction of this particular pattern had the increases coming in large amounts suddenly, instead of incrementally. I'm hoping it will block out and show itself more politely, but I'm ready to put some pom-poms or a knitted rose in the center if I have to.

Once I got the middle triangle done, I did my usual trick of putting in a textured row to set it off, in this case some of that yarn with catepillar pieces, and then began the various bands to expand the shape.


Here is the colorway I'm using. (Thank you, Sandy!)

You can just see on the right my bag of end pieces, which I collect to make magic balls or pom-poms. This one is getting full.


I love these colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment